Ladies Fashion : Free Fashion Designing Games For Girls.
1940 Ladies Fashion
- Make into a particular or the required form
- Use materials to make into
- manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- characteristic or habitual practice
- make out of components (often in an improvising manner); "She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
- A woman (used as a polite or old-fashioned form of reference)
- (lady) a woman of the peerage in Britain
- A women's public toilet
- (lady) dame: a woman of refinement; "a chauffeur opened the door of the limousine for the grand lady"
- An informal, often brusque, form of address to a woman
- (lady) a polite name for any woman; "a nice lady at the library helped me"
- (1940s) forties: the decade from 1940 to 1949
- Year 1940 (MCMXL) was a leap year starting on Monday (link will display the full 1940 calendar) of the Gregorian calendar.
- The Curse of 1940 was a superstitious explanation for why the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL) did not win the league's championship trophy, the Stanley Cup, from 1940 to 1994.
How to Make and Trim Your Own Hats -- A Vintage Instruction Guide for Making 1940s Hats
Originally published in 1944, this vintage millinery book contains instructions and patterns for cutting, pinning, sewing and putting together calots, straw hats, sailors, half hats, pillboxes, off-the-face brims, jocket hats, snoods, dutch bonnets, knitted and crocheted hats. Also included are instructions for making an over-arm bag, crocheted over-the-shoulder bag and collar box. This book is filled with trimming ideas using flowers, veilings, hat pins, ribbons, beads, embroidery and sequins. The contents include: style element in millinery, basic millinery supplies, millinery materials, wool-felt bags, professional details of milllinery, half-hats, trimmings, how to remake and renovate, how to make hat foundations, ready-made frames, frames -- and how to make your own, crochet section. Sample book images are show
n on this page.
Fashion Frocks Ad from Ladies Home Journal - Aug 1944
Here is a Fashion Frocks ad scanned from one of my vintage Ladies Home Journal magazines, August 1944 issue. View at 100% to read how they enticed housewives to work as part-time salespeople ...
"All you have to do is show
the attractive and interesting portfolio of gorgeous dresses to friends and neighbors ... and in addition get all your own dresses FREE!"
Rose & Joe 1940
This this couple might be Rose and Joe. It says on the reverse.
April 18th 1940
with love from Rose & JoeXXXX
Thanks Barb for loaning me this picture!
This plate may be a print, postcard,copper plate, photo etching, steel engraving or a woodcut. Dates c1790-c1940, date if known in title. The overall scan size is 16 x 12 inches (410 x 310) Size of each plate varies so check against scale show
n which is 1 inch apart (2.5 cm) to find the size of the plate. All are genuine antiques and not modern copies. date if known in title. The overall scan size is 16 x 12 inches (410 x 310) Size of each plate varies so check against scale show
n which is 1 inch apart (2.5 cm) to find the size of the plate. All are genuine antiques and not modern copies.
See also: pictures of ladies fashion china fashion necklace girls hip hop fashion wholesale fashion showrooms gossip girl the fashion spot los angeles fashion design schools fashion photography vintage classic male fashion australian fashion magazine
- (月) 00:26:03|
- Category: None